Stratus AOI Concept
The STRATUS II is the best system on the world market for the in-line inspection of multilayer hybrids, LTCC/HTCC and other screen or stencil printed, electroplated or sputtered structures. In-line inspection, where the wet print is inspected directly after the screen printer (and before the parts go into the drying oven), is the best way to ensure that no serial defects like a hole in the screen or screen aging, can happen.
But also finished, or partly finished, substrates with dry print can be inspected very well with the STRATUS II systems. Newer applications are the inspection of electro plated gold on ceramics (for manufacturers of High power LEDs) or of electro plated gold on LTCC/HTCC, after sintering, for automotive applications.
The Stratus SPIN Software offers the following modern capabillities:
- Layer – layer tracking for multilayer HTCC’s
- DMC/barcode reading
- reject tracking
- review software
- remote programming
- measurements (in image and from image->image)
- report generation
- MySql database
- substrate registration and auto focus options
- storing of images, simulation mode
- database management with auto deletion of expired results
- statsitics and diagnostics
Many more features are available. Please call for more Information.
The STRATUS II is inspecting substrates for excess paste, missing paste, smearing, narrowing, mouse bites, holes, via covering, sprayers, bleeding of paste, contamination, print shifts, substrate shrinking, screen aging, etc, and it differentiates between random and serial defects.
The materials that are inspected are usually conductor materials (like silver or silver palladium), resistor paste, cover glass, adhesives, gold, etc., and it detects all defects that are relevant in modern fine line screen printing. The tendency goes to even finer structures. On prints with 50 µm line widths, inspection with the human eye is not possible. The STRATUS VISION AOI systems can inspect a 10” x 10” substrate in less than 10 seconds and find defects between 10µm and 30µm (depends on pixel size).
Automation of the STRATUS II systems is available in the following configurations:
- Stand alone system with manual loading and unloading of parts.
- Stand alone system with conveyor belt and automatic loading and unloading of parts from/into magazines.
- In-line system, inspecting wet print between the screen printer and the drying oven.
- In-line system, inspecting wet print (of adhesive) between the screen printer and the die attach.
Any other degree of automation, that our customers wish to have, can also be built.
- One or more 4 Megapixel area camera(s) with resolutions from 3 to 15 µm
- Line Scan camera with 8k or 12k pixels
- Field proven illumination technique with R-G-B (red/green/blue) LEDs
- Frame grabbing PCBs with 30 frames/second capturing speed
- Modern and specially equipped computer for fast image processing
- Powerful and highly configurable software with support for multiple products and inspections
- Extensive package for statistics, histograms and diagnosis